Monday, July 11, 2011

Mmmm.... Carrots!!


First Bite!



More please!!



That's good stuff!

Ever since we got Ella on a sleep schedule she has been a champ about sleeping though the night. That was until recently. She's started to wake up around 3:00 because she is hungry. She eats a bottle and usually goes right back to sleep. We decided that in an effort to keep her tummy full through the night it was time to try some food. My pediatrician said that while they recommend waiting until 6 months, I could start Ella any time between 4 and 6 months if I thought that she was ready. Just make sure to start her on veggies. We decided to start her on carrots because she loves the frozen ones that she has been chewing on while she's been teething. While the first attempt was sooo messy, it was awesome!! Ella loved the carrots. Once she got the hang of eating off a spoon she even started chasing the spoon and opening wide when Taylor would bring the spoon to her. I really went back and forth on whether or not to start her. I wasn't sure she was ready and I really wanted to wait until the recommended age. Now that we have tried it and it was such a huge success I'm glad I went for it.

No comments: