Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She Looks Like An Angel...


Oh this baby girl! So adorable, so sweet, so angelic. Right? HA! WRONG!! Every time I take Ella to the pediatrician for her routine visits we go home with a packet that explains what your baby should be doing developmentally between each routine visit. Every single packet that I have ever gotten from the pediatrician says to give your child what they want as they are too young and it is not possible for them to be spoiled yet. Well Doc... I'm sorry to say, I have to disagree. Let me explain...

Last Friday I took the day off of work to spend will Ella because she had not been feeling well and did not sleep well the night before. I decided to run some errands later that afternoon with my mom because while Ella was a little fussy, she seemed to be feeling better. We went to Carter's because they were having a sale that I wanted to check out. While we were there Ella got extremely irritable. My mom decided to pick up a toy and dangle it in front of Ella to see if she could amuse her for a while. It worked! Ella instantly stopped crying and seemed to be amused enough that I could finish my browsing. When I was done I told my mom that we could go. She set the toy down so that we could leave and the second she did Ella started to squeal at the top of her lungs. My mom picked the toy back up and dangled it again and Ella stopped crying. The same thing happened 3 times. Each time my mom put the toy down Ella screeched louder than she did the time before. My mom looked over at me and said "well I guess I'm buying this toy." I tried to tell her no but, she of course bought the toy even though it was ridiculously expensive. So we left the store, toy clipped to Ella's car seat, with a perfectly happy child. Not only do I think that it is possible for her to be spoiled, I think this kid knows exactly how to manipulate people into giving her what she wants. I could not believe that she acted like that. I was embarrassed by my child's tantrum and she is only 4 months old! Not sure where we have gone wrong thus far but we better get this under control before it gets out of hand.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

You haven't done ANYTHING wrong Jess! She may be spoiled but who cares... she is adorable and a happy kid. So let her be spoiled, she deserves it and so do you! XOXO.

lizzo said...

That's awesome... just like her mother! HA, kidding.