Monday, June 15, 2009

Road Trip

Taylor and I decided to take a little road trip yesterday and head up to Evanston to get some fireworks for the 4th of July (all completely legal in Utah). My cousins Dillon and Laura drove up with us. We got to the Phantom Fireworks store knowing that we would probably spend a fair amount on fireworks, we always do, but we were shocked by how many fireworks we got for free. First off every firework was by one get one of equal value free. What a deal! Then if you spent $129.00 you got $140.00 in FREE fireworks. We quickly found out that non of the free fireworks we were getting for spending $129.00 were legal in Utah. We thought that we were just going to get kinda screwed but we didn't. They were totally cool and willing to swap the $140.00 in free fireworks for ones that are legal in Utah. All in all we came home with nearly $500.00 in fireworks and didn't spend even close to half of that!! I'm so excited. The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE lighting fireworks even if they are just the silly Utah fountains. On our way back from Evanston we stopped in Park City and had lunch/brunch at the Loco Lizard. I had the yummiest egg casserole. I would definitely recommend it for brunch. After we had full bellies we ran over to the outlets because I had wanted to get some croc flip-flops. They are $40.00 here at the mall and they have a new crocs outlet in Park City so I figured I'd see if they were cheaper there. We ended up getting 3 pairs of crocs shoes for $30!!! We had so much fun yesterday. It was really fun to just hang with Laura and Dillon. My family really is so close and we love spending time together. All in all it was an awesome day.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Man, I am totally coming to your house for fireworks on the 4th!! Rocking time!!

Kurst said...

I love just getting away even if it's just for the day. You guys are going to have so much fun on the 4th. Enjoy yourselves.