Monday, June 15, 2009

Going Veggie


Taylor and I have decided to go vegetarian. I'm extremely picky when it comes to meat. I don't like to cut it, I'm always examining it for fat, I won't eat meat on the bone, and the thought of touching raw chicken makes my squeamish. I had slowly been eating less and less meat and had been thinking about going vegetarian for a while but when Taylor brought it up to me a few weeks ago we decided to take the plunge. Today was day one of our veggie life and I have to say that I think that this is going to work out great for me. Eating veggie style isn't as hard as shopping veggie style. You don't realize how many things have meat in them until you really start looking. My Aunt Michelle and cousin Laura have been vegetarian for a few years now and that makes it easier. They have tons of good meal ideas and great advice to make sure we are still getting all of the protein we need. Hopefully this will be a healthier way of living for us.

2 comments:

lizzo said...

You and Chandy both! I don't think I could give up meat. I don't eat a lot of it but I sure do love it. I can't stand the thoughts of giving up burgers!

Chandy Colton said...

Yeah I have been doing this for a couple of months now. It makes me feel so GREAT and is helping me loose weight and i just feel so much better. How is it going for you guys? if you have any good meal ideas, share them with me! :)