Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BIG NEWS!!

Some of you may have heard but I know that for others this is still news. Nope it's not a baby. Sorry to disappoint ;) It's even better than that! Last weekend Taylor and I moved into an apartment. We have lived with his parents for the past year and a half and while it's been good for us to be there and save money while he was going to school, it was time for us to get back to being just us. Not that there was anything wrong with living with his parents, we just were ready to be on our own again. We found a super cute place in Murray. It's right around the corner from my aunt Michelle's house in our favorite neighborhood. We hope to someday own a house in this same neighborhood. Anyway, the place is gigantic. A whole 720 sq ft! I thought it would be hard to go back to living in a one bedroom apartment after owning my own 2000 sq ft townhouse but, I love it. Maybe it's just that I have my own place again but, I really don't have anything bad to say about this place. It was built in the 50's so it doesn't have some of the amenities that I would like it to (i.e. no dishwasher and no washer/dryer hookups) but it does have a ton of character. It still has the original metal cabinets and hexagon tiles on the counter tops. The building only has 11 units which is really nice for Moxley. The fewer people she has to adjust to the better. Overall I think that she is adjusting well. She misses Trouble (Taylor's parents yellow lab) but other than that she is doing really well here in her own space. These pictures really don't do the place justice. It's much nicer than it looks. Oh and please forgive the insane pile of dishes in the sink. That's what happens when you don't have a dishwasher.



















2 comments:

lizzo said...

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!

That is so exciting and your place looks super cute. I heart your couch.

Kurst said...

Congrats on the new place that's so exciting I hope you enjoy that alone time with Taylor.