Sunday, February 22, 2009

75 And Still Kickin It!

Last week was my Grandma Darlene's 75th Birthday! If you know this women you would never know that she was in her mid 70's. She has more energy and is far more active than I am. My Aunt Michelle threw my grandma a surprise party with all of her friends and family. She had no idea that it was happening and the look on her face when she walked in was priceless. The best part of the night was having my Aunt Steph who came up from Phoenix and my cousin Laura who flew up from Mexico, there. My grandma hasn't seen Steph in 5 years so it was a great gift for her. My grandma is the most amazing person I know. She is far more than a grandmother to me. She is more like a mother. She has been there for me since the day I was born. Helping to take care of me and making me the person that I am today. I love her so much and hope she has many more years of rollerblading and bike riding in her.













2 comments:

Gina said...

I cannot believe how much your mom and her sisters look alike... They all look like GRANDMA! THAT IS AMAZING! Dont you just love grandmas?

lizzo said...

Your grandma is so cute. I don't think I've ever met Steph.

And what is Laura doing in Mexico????