Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Punkin Carving


This time of year is my favorite time of year. I love the fall. When the air starts to get crisp and the leaves start to fall of the trees. When the air smells like dead leaves and you have to start wearing a jacket when you leave the house. There's nothing better. One of my favorite things to do as a family activity is carve pumpkins.I love to carve them but I HATE gutting them. Last year I even got a fake pumpkin so that I could carve one without gutting it. Last night when I came home from work I found two pumpkins already gutted sitting on the counter ready for me and Taylor to carve when he got home from football. What a sweet guy! This year we decided not to use any templates and just do some good ol' fashion faces on our pumpkins. The short squatty one is mine and the taller one is Taylor's. I think they turned out pretty good.

5 comments:

sherry said...

Your so like me. I love fall too

Chandy Colton said...

That is so cute that he gutted them for you, what a cute hubby! Those are some cute punkins! My kids are so excited to carve punkins this year! They keep begging to do it.

lizzo said...

I'm with you...hate the gutting but then I also hate the carving. Oh well...

Nisa and Colby said...

I love carving pumpkins too! Fall is the best time of the year!

Kurst said...

Fall is wonderful in Utah. I love the pumpkins, they turned out way better than my kids, good job. Happy Halloween.