Friday, October 10, 2008

Called To Serve






Wednesday was a bittersweet day in the Riley house. We took Cooper to the MTC so that he could head out to serve his mission. It was a very emotional time but we all know that it is for the best. I told Cooper when I hugged him goodbye that I am by no means a religious person however, I do understand the importance of a mission. I told him to use the time to not only grow spiritually but also to grow as a person and in his independence. I know that Cooper will be a great missionary. He is such a loving and caring person and he has such a big heart. He gives 100% to everything that he does and will serve the people of Missouri and Kansas well. In just the two days that he's been gone it's been a weird adjustment. We sure miss him a lot considering he wasn't home very much. I miss seeing his contagious smile. Let's hope Coop's two years fly by a lot faster than Taylor's did ;)

2 comments:

Nisa and Colby said...

I wish we could have come to Cooper's Farewell. I agree he is going to make a great missionary. Nate is leaving soon and it makes me sad. Are you guys going to come to his farewell?

sherry said...

I can't wait to see you at the farwell. I guess we will be doing the samething you just did. Bittersweet. See you Sunday