Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why Isn't Your Baby Walking??

Trust me, if I knew I would tell everyone but I'm as lost as you all are. Ella will be 15 months old next week and she has zero interest in walking. In fact she screams, cries and throws a full on tantrum if you try to get her to walk. I know that she is only 15 months old and that she will walk in her own time. I'm not as bothered by the fact that she doesn't walk yet nearly as much as I am bothered by the criticism that I'm receiving from people. If one more person tells me that I don't put the effort in to making her walk or that I obviously hold her too much, I'm going to blow up. First of all, you can not MAKE a child walk. We try working with her at home and at daycare but if she doesn't want to, then she won't. Secondly, who are you to tell me I hold my child too much? Do you live in my house? Obviously not or you would know that my kid really doesn't get held much at all. She is perfectly content scooting around on her hands and knees and ruining every pair of pants that she owns. If I held her more then perhaps the knees of her pants wouldn't always be black. I know that this was kind of a vent session post but I'm really so tired of hearing it from everyone. Thanks to those to cared enough to listen to my little rant.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh Jess, people suck! She will walk when she wants to! Until then, don't worry and just keep being the cute mommy that you are. Love you. XOXO

lizzo said...

People suck! Even if you DID hold her too much, is that really possible? She's a BABY! You'll only be able to hold her for a little bit of time. Also, Hannah has zero interest in walking. She's perfectly content. You're a great mom... unlike those bozos making comments to you. Love you!