Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bitter Sweet

My time at home is coming to an end. My maternity leave is almost over and I head back to work next Monday. While on my maternity leave I have come to realize that I could never be a full time stay at home mommy. I need to be able to get out of the house. And though I have been saying for weeks now that I'm ready to go back to work, now that it is really here I'm feeling bummed to see this time end. It all just went by way too fast. Not every day of my maternity leave has been peachy but I will say that now that Ella is a bit older it's been a lot less stressful and a lot more fun. I'm going to miss seeing her all day. I'll miss being the one to get her out of her crib in the morning because that is her happiest time of the day. I'm feeling sad to think that someone else may be the one to witness milestones like her first laugh, steps, and words because I am at work. Oh well.... life goes on. I have to remember that I'm not the first women in history to go back to work and leave my baby with a babysitter. At least I have comfort in knowing that she is with my amazing friend Kendra who I'd trust with my life. Taylor and I love Brandon and Kendra and their kiddos and know that Ella is in good hands there.

On a side note, I can't even believe that Ella is almost 3 months old already. She is growing so fast. She is already cooing up a storm, rolling on her side, holding her head up with ease, wanting to jump and stand when you hold her on your lap, and smiling like crazy. She is developing her own little personality and I have to say that I think I might be in trouble. She even threw her first temper tantrum the other day. Ella tries to suck her thumb and because I come from a family of thumb suckers I will not let her do it (this would be why she always has a binky in her mouth). The other day when she was trying to suck her thumb I kept moving her hand away from her mouth. When I did she would scream and kick her legs. Then she would stop crying and try again screaming and kicking her legs every time I moved her hand. It was quite comical but man...I think this kid maybe more stubborn then her mom and her dad!! She is very independent and most of the time she would rather lay on a blanket by herself then cuddle. She has already out grown cuddle time in less then 3 months! If I get any snuggles any more it's rare. She is feisty yet sweet and I just can't get enough of her.

1 comment:

lizzo said...

I can't believe she is 3 months old already! She is so cute, I can't even stand it.

Good luck going back to work, you'll survive and it is nice to have time to yourself, even if it is behind a desk working for someone else.