Monday, August 25, 2008

Mini Vacation

Taylor and I were able to take a little mini vacation last weekend. We headed down to St. George for Nolan's nephew's wedding and then on to Mesquite to do a little gambling and relaxing.

We took off Friday morning and got into Mesquite about 2:30. We decided to head down to the pool for some swimming and relaxing. Then we headed out to St. George to have dinner with Nolan's family. We went to the Gun Barrel for Nolan's dad's birthday. If you like eating things like wild game than this is the place for you. I'm not so into that. Luckily I was able to find the one pasta dish on the menu. Taylor had some wild game mixed grill. I tried a piece of his elk brat and I just about lost it. It was all I could to to swallow. After that we said good bye and headed back to Mesquite for some bowling at the Virgin River. The bowling alley had velcro shoes instead of shoes that tied. I have the fattest feet in the world and I think my mom and I both just about peed our pants laughing when I couldn't even get the velcro to close.



My fat feet in the bowling shoes


Saturday morning we drove back to St. George for the wedding. This was hands down the most beautiful ceremony that I have ever seen. Nolan's sister and brother in-law are not hurting for cash. They had the wedding at the Entrada country club. This country club is top notch. You can't even golf there unless you own property. The ceremony was outside and was just to die for. The grass was so green, the sky was so blue, and the red rocks in the back ground just completed the package. The rest of the wedding was a typical wedding. Some food, some dancing, cake cutting and then they were gone. That night Nolan's nephew Randall, his niece Robin and Randall's wife Lisa came back to Mesquite to hang out with us. It was really nice to hang out with them


Entrada Country Club


Me and Taylor at the wedding

Mom and Nolan at the wedding

Sunday the boys got up and went golfing at Wolf Creek while my mom and I went and had champagne brunch. We spent the rest of the day hanging out by the pool and just having fun. All in all we had a really nice little get away. It was much needed.



Morgan: I feel like such a jerk for not coming to see you. We really were on my mom's schedule or I would have for sure made time for you.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your feet right now. I love you and your fat feet Jess!

Morgan said...

I understand you were busy just know that now you owe me and have to come back to see me!!!!!