Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things I've Learned Since Being Pregnant

I have learned a few things since I've been pregnant and here is what I've learned...

1. You always think that you are bigger than everyone else does. People have started telling me that I've just started showing and I've felt like an enormous cow for 3 months now. I try to keep in mind that no one else sees me naked which is truly where it shows the most. Clothing can cover quite a bit!!

2. Feeling your baby move and kick is one of the coolest things ever!! Now I'm not saying that I'm one of those women who loves to be pregnant but, feeling her in there is unreal.

3. The movie "Juno" is 10 times funnier when you are pregnant. I loved the movie before I got pregnant but it has some pretty funny lines in it that you wouldn't find as funny if you had never been pregnant.

4. Random people will always touch your tummy. There is nothing that you can do about it. People will never stop. It just happens.

5. When you're about to get in the shower and your husband looks over at you and starts to giggle and says "your body looks like a roller coaster" try not to cry cause as soon as you look in a full length mirror you are just going to realize that he is right. Unfortunately!!

6. Picking a birth plan is hard. I'm currently under the dilemma of trying to decide on an elective C-section or a good old fashioned vag delivery (with drugs of course). I've always said that I wanted a C-section and my doctor is totally willing to do one if that's what I decide but, is it the right decision?? It's hard to say when you've never done it before.

7. This baby is completely stubborn. If I roll on to my side at night and she is on that side of my tummy, she will continuously kick me until I roll back over. Heaven forbid she move!! I shouldn't be surprised. She was bound to be stubborn since both her mommy and daddy are.

8. I'm already seeing a glimpse of this little one's personality and she is her father's daughter. Taylor is a huge Michael Jackson fan and we were watching "This Is It" on blu ray the other night. We had the surround sound going and every time a song came on this little girl would kick and move like crazy. As soon as the song was over she would stop and then start up again on the next song. Taylor thought that she might just like music but she has never done that before or since then even when I'm busting out the tunes in my car.

9. Overall pregnancy isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The first 12 weeks were rough but since then it's been pretty ok. I know that I haven't reached the miserable huge stage yet but for now I'm just kind of along for the ride.

10. People keep telling me that I'm all belly and that from behind I don't look pregnant at all. To them I just say "Thanks!!" Losing the belly is going to be hard enough. I would hate to have to lose a backside too! If I can keep this all in the belly then I'm doing good!!

11. Sneezing and peeing your pants is a real thing. People told me it could happen and I never believed them. Turns out it's true.

Those are my thoughts for now.

4 comments:

Kurst said...

So I missed the last post, but
CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you guys, you'll be awesome parents. Enjoy the pregnancy, it goes by quick looking back (unfortunately not while your in it, around 8 months it won't go quick enough:) I'm sure you're the cutest little prego girl.

Krystal said...

So I love this. I can hear your excitement and fear too rolled into one but I am so excited for you. My advice on the c-section/vag delivery is to play it by ear. Keep in mind that a c-section is a major surgery on top of having a new little one to take care of. After the first few days you will be on your own. Especially with your first. Your doctor will know if you need a c-section when it gets closer so why worry now? I wanted to control everything and thought I had it all planned out to the minute. Babies throw you for a curve and I promise if you just keep it simple and roll with the punches you will be fine. If you try to control every little thing that happens you will be disapointed. Promise. Let go. Enjoy being pregnant. Enjoy whatever happens. As miserable as it is sometimes you will miss it and it goes by too fast. Love you. Let's get together soon.

Chandy Colton said...

I agree with Krystal, don't stress about the delivery right now, enjoy being pregnant, cause wether you love it or not, you will miss it when it is gone. Of course it is better having her here and holding her, but I always miss them moving inside, it is the most amazing thing ever. I LOVE being pregnant though so I always miss it. I would play it by ear and if you end up needing a C-section then you dont really have a choice, you will have to have one, but if it comes down to the option of beingn able to choose. I would really try having her vaginally. C Section is a MAJOR surgery and it takes time to heal and it is hard to do that when you have a new baby that needs your constant attention to take care of her and feed her. My sister had 3 kids vaginally and had to have her last c-section and she said it was the worst thing she has ever been through and it was so hard cause she wanted to hold the baby and take care of him but it was so hard cause she was in so much pain and could hardly move. Every one heals differently and handles pain differently, but there is no ? that a c-sectino is hard because it is a major surgery and they cut through major muscles and stuff to get to the baby and so it takes time to heal. That is what I recommend but that is just me :) To me having a baby normal if you can is the most beautiful and amazing experiance, I was so close to having to have a c-section with Mollie and I was sad thinking that I would not be able to experiance seeing her come out and instantly holding her on my chest after, it is just such a cool experiance for mom and dad :) You will know what is right and your doctor will know what is right as well, but try not and stress about it until the end. I have had 3 kids, and each one has been so different, so if you ever need advice or have questions, I am here. GOOD LUCK! I cant wait to see your cute belly, I hope I will get to see you at a shower :)

lizzo said...

I love this post. I'm glad we're in this journey together. Love you.