Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sick!! BLAH!!

At this point in my life I have come to expect some things. For example, with my weak immune system, thanks to mono, I have come to expect that once a year I am going to be laid up for about a weak with a nasty viral infection. Something that makes me wish I was dead but medically they can do nothing for. This years lovely illness came over my anniversary. Yes I was laid up for an entire weak over my anniversary this year. Since that has come and gone I thought I was in the clear. Still due for some fall colds but nothing too serious. WRONG!! I am currently feeling my second round of nasty viral crud this year. Throats killing me, body aches, head hurts, runny nose, freezing one minute and sweating buckets the next. I am seriously so over being sick this year. If anyone has a miracle over the counter or at home remedy let me know. I swear I've tried them all but at this point I'm willing to try anything. I can't miss any more work. I'm planning on spending my new years on a warm Mexican beach and if I keep getting sick I'm never going to get there :(

3 comments:

lizzo said...

Okay, I like Emergen-C. It's a fizzy drink mix. When I feel something coming on or even when I'm sick I drink a few a day and it works pretty well.

Also, hot tang (yes, space drink tang) and ginger works pretty well.

That's all I can offer. Hope you feel better soon.

Wendy said...

I am so sorry you are feeling sick!! I get the nasty flu often and it bites! I've only found that rest and lots of liquid helps me...or and IB to help with the aches. I would recommend Emergen-C also, I love that stuff.

Hope you get better soon.

Krystal said...

Yuck girl! I'm sorry you are sick. It must be something going around. I swear everyone I know is sick. My poor kids are sick and just feel yucky and so is Brandon. I have (knock on wood) been able to stay mostly well. I hope you feel better soon. Keep dreaming of Mexico and maybe it will get you through! Love ya.
p.s HOT showers, HOT baths and some homemade soup will at least comfort you if nothing else.