Sunday, July 27, 2008

One Bad Week

If there was ever a week with a series of unfortunate events this was it. Nothing really life altering but just a lot of bad luck. It all started last Sunday. Taylor went out to wash the cars only to find out that civic had a big crack in the windshield. We have no idea how it got there but it now has to be replaced. Taylor then informed me that his Xbox had died. While playing it he heard a "pop" and then he got the "red ring of death." For those who don't have an Xbox, the "red ring of death" happens when your Xbox breaks. It's just a red ring that comes on the screen and you can't play anything. The Xbox now has to be sent away to be fixed. Then on Friday Taylor calls me at work to tell me that he dropped his Ipod in the sink. Luckily it is still under warranty but also has to be sent away to be fixed. As if that wasn't enough about an hour after the news of the Ipod Taylor called me at work again. This time he told me that our laptop was having problems. The anti virus software was booting us out of everything saying that we had 41 viruses. 41! We started to get a little freaked out because Taylor has finals coming up this week. There is no way that we could be without a computer. Luckily Taylor called Toshiba and it was an error with the software. After about an hour on the phone the computer was fixed. That was a huge relief. Once the computer was fixed I went online to check the bank account. I was surprised to find out that we were in the over draft. When I checked the account I found out that the DMV had taken out $188.00 from my account. I could not for the life of me figure out why. My cars get registered in December and January so why would the DMV take money out of my account? By this time it was too late to call the bank to try and figure it out so I had to wait until Saturday to check. Saturday morning Taylor went to the credit union. He found out that the money was for the registration for the civic. We wrote the check in January. The DMV got paid in January but the credit union never posted it to our account. I told Taylor that after this week if one more thing breaks or we end up being out anymore money I think I'm going to lose it. Thank goodness it's Sunday and a new week begins. We couldn't possibly have another week like this. Could we?

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda said...

Wow that does sounds like a horrible week! That is insane that your credit union didn't post the check until now. I would be so upset. Matt's xbox got the red ring of death a couple weeks ago too. I hope things have settled down and stopped breaking for you guys.