Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ella has arrived


Jessica is fast asleep and I took a lucky guess at what her password was for her blog. I am happy to report that Ella Darlene Riley was born at 7:30 pm on Monday, February 14th, 2011. She is very healthy and weighed in at 7 pounds and 6 ounces. She was 19 and one half inches long. Jessica had some complications but is in high spirits. She had to wait 12+ hours to hold Ella for the first time.
The funniest moment of the evening was bringing Ella into the nursery. The blinds were drawn so I was able to take Ella to her station without the family watching. The nurse asked me if I was ready and then opened the shades. Our family came running like a pack of puppies at meal time. They were all bouncing like prairie dogs in excitement. It was a moment I will never forget.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay congrats! I bet you both are excited she is finally here. I'm sorry to hear about the complications though...I hope everything is okay.

Chandy Colton said...

YAY! Congrats! That is so exciting, cant wait to see more pictures. Sorry to hear about complications, I hope Jess is doing ok, that is so hard not to be able to hold baby right away. Send my love to Jess! CONGRATS!

Nisa and Colby said...

Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to meet her! She is so cute!

sherry said...

She is Beautiful!!! Congrats. Love you both.