Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Relief

Once again this post comes with mixed emotions. I found out that Matthew was rejected from the service due to a medical condition. Matt was born with no hearing in his left ear. He was told that this wouldn't hinder him from joining the army if he could get a doctors release. He got the release but was unsuccessful in making it into the army. I feel some what guilty at how relieved I was to hear this. He was so excited to do this and I feel terrible that he is not able to do something that he had his heart set on. On the other hand knowing that my brother isn't going to the middle east to blow up bombs feels really really good. My heart goes out to those with friends and family to serve in the military. It's an amazingly brave thing to be a soldier but it is also so hard to sit back and watch someone you love do it.

1 comment:

lizzo said...

I think that's best case scenario. Matt was willing and able to make every sacrifice but he doesn't have to. Even though he is disappointed I'm certain this is a blessing in disguise for him too. I'm sure he will find all kinds of opportunities.